Apply for UK PLAB 1, Plab 2 Exam Visa- For Medical Professionals to Practice in UK
- Eligibility requirements
- Genuine Visitor Test
- Processing time
- Application costs
- Extending PLAB Visa
- Switching to other visas
- PLAB Exam Fees
- Our services and Fees
- Book service
- After Booking Service
The PLAB is the examination by which international medical graduate or doctors students can prove that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to practice as a doctor in the United Kingdom. Should you planning to appear in the examination and you need help for any aspect of the test booking process and visa application for the purpose, we can assist you in the following aspects:
- Advice to Make Visa Application
- List of Documents to Make Visa Application
- Full Visa Application Preparation
- Submission of Visa Application as your Legal Representative (Licenced by OISC, Government of UK)
- Follow up of Visa Application
- Assistance to Register with Medical Council, United Kingdom
- Pay your PLAB Test Fee on your Behalf (even on short notice)
- Any other related assistance
Doctors who qualified overseas and hold a qualification which is not recognised by the UK must pass the PLAB test in order to register with the GMC. Before coming to the UK they must pass a pre-assessment test the ‘International English Language Testing System’ (IELTS) assessment test. PLAB test is divided into two separate assessments, Part 1 and Part 2. The GMC stipulates that doctors must pass Part 1 before they can be admitted to Part 2 of the test. Where a candidate severely fails Part 1, the GMC will not allow him to re-sit Part 1 until a period of at least four months has elapsed from the date of the failed test.
- The applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor, which means the applicant:
- (a) will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
- (b) will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home; and
- (c) is genuinely seeking entry or stay for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor route; and
- (d) will not undertake any of the prohibited activities and
- (e) must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds, including the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to their dependants, and the cost of planned activities, such as private medical treatment (and the applicant must show that any funds they rely upon are held in a financial institution permitted in Appendix Finance).
- In assessing whether an applicant has sufficient funds , the applicant’s travel, maintenance and accommodation may be provided by a third party only if that third party:
- (a) has a genuine professional or personal relationship with the applicant; and
- (b) is not, or will not be, in breach of immigration laws at the time of the decision or the applicant’s entry to the UK as a visitor; and
- (c) can and will provide support to the applicant for the intended duration of the applicant’s stay as a visitor.
Overseas graduates from medical, dental or nursing schools may:
- (a) undertake clinical attachments or dental observer posts provided these are unpaid and involve no treatment of patients, where the additional requirements of Appendix V are also met; and
- (b) take the following test/examination in the UK:
- (i) the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board test, where the additional requirements of Appendix V are also met; or
- (ii) the Objective Structured Clinical Examinations for overseas, where the additional requirements of Appendix V are also met.
Home Office, Embassy and NHS Health Surcharge Fees: Costs of Visa Application
|Spouse Visa/ Unmarried Civil Partner/ Switching to Spouse Visa
|Outside UK £
|Home Office Application Fee
|NHS Health Surcharge
|Biometric Appointment Fee
|Total (without appointment fee)
Switching PLAB Visa to other visa route or Point Based System
Doctors who pass the PLAB test are not permitted to switch into any skilled employment route within the points-based system. Those Doctors in the UK to take the PLAB test are not permitted to switch into the category for Postgraduate doctors, dentists and trainee practitioners. Doctors who come to the UK to take the PLAB test may undertake periods of clinical attachment during the validity of their visa. From outside UK, they can apply for Health and Care Visa (Skilled Worker Visa for Health Processionals) if like to work in UK as a Health Professional including Doctor, Dentist, Consultant, Nurse or midwives.
Extend PLAB Visa in UK
If for any reason your exam is delayed for any reason or due to Covid-19 or cancelled or you failed the exam and would like to have another attempt or you are unable to travel back to your country due to the travel restrictions, the obvious question one would ask ‘Can I extend my PLAB Visa in the UK?‘. There is no simple answer to the question. Such visas can only be extended in exceptional circumstances. Book a Consultation with one of our experts to find out your options.
PLAB Exam Fees
|Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) test fees
|Effective from 1 April 2020
|Effective from 1 April 2021
|Part 1 of the PLAB test
|Part 2 of the PLAB test
Applications are normally decided within 4-6 weeks of attending Biometric Appointment. Complex applications can take longer than this.
Service we offer
You can book the service online, email or phone. Once booked, we will take care of everything for you.
|Description of Service
|Book Full Application Preparation & Submission Service
|Comprehensive service. All work covered from start to the end. Fixed Fee, No VAT, No Hidden Charges. Allocated caseworker. The Fees is for the first applicant. An additional dependant pays discounted fee.
√ Full advice about all queries related to visa application
√ List of documents for your immigration application
√ Full prepare and complete the application form
√ Pay visa fees and other applicable fees on your behalf – Of course you will reimburse us for any disbursements
√ Submit the application form and application as registered immigration representative
√ Upload all the documents or submit to the Home Office by post
√ Book Bio-metrics appointment to capture your fingerprints and photo at one of the visa application centre
√ Continuous advice from the day one until a decision is made by the embassy or Home Office
Other ways to Book UK Visa Services with ZR Visas, UK
You can book a service online by following the above links. Alternatively please provide us with your full name, full address, email address and contact number, we will book service for you-
By phone: UK +44 1782 977 899
By email: email@example.com
WhatsApp/ Text Message Only: UK +447944132344