UK Health and care visa for doctors, dentists, nurses midwife ZR Visas

Medical Professionals Skilled Workers- Health and care Visa, Employing EU Healthcare staff in UK after Brexit

Sponsor Nurses, Doctors, Dentist, Midwife and Medical professionals from EU as an Approved Sponsor in Health and Care Visa as a skilled worker

As an EU citizens, if you were not resident in the UK by 31 December 2020 and do not have rights under the withdrawal agreement, you will need to meet specific requirements in order to work or study in the UK from 1 January 2021. You will also need to pass relevant checks, including UK criminality checks. You can continue to visit the UK for up to 6 months without applying for a visa and may participate in a wide range of activities, including tourism, visiting family and friends, short term study and business-related activities, such as events and conferences. But if you like to work in healthcare profession then you need to make a visa application. For example, applying visa application for health and care visa as a skilled worker. Your employer need a sponsor licence to offer you a job.

You will need to pay an application fee and, if you are coming to the UK for more than 6 months, you may have to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge, which will enable you to access the UK’s National Health Service (NHS).

Fast track visa for health professionals

There is fast-track entry, with reduced application fees and dedicated support through the application process. If you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care visa, you will also be exempt from having to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge. Front line workers in the health and social care sector who are not eligible to apply for the Health and Care visa will have to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge and could benefit from a reimbursement scheme where they will be repaid.

Qualify for Skilled Work in Health and Care visa

If you work in an eligible health occupation and have a job offer from the NHS, social care sector or employers and organisations which provide services to the NHS, are able to speak English and meet the requirements of the Skilled Worker route, you can apply for the Health and Care visa to come to the UK with your family.

A Health and Care Worker visa allows medical professionals to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care.

Knowledge of English Requirement for Skilled Worker Visa for doctor, dentist, nurse or midwife

You do not need to prove your knowledge of English if you have already passed an English Language assessment with a relevant regulated professional body.

Maintenance Requirement- Money to support yourself and your partner and children

You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK. The money should have been in the bank account for at least 28 days within 31 days before applying for a skilled worker visa. 

You also need
£285 for your partner
£315 for one child
£200 for each additional child

You, your partner and two children would need to have £2070 to come to the UK (£1270 for you, £285 for your partner, £315 for your first child and £200 for second child).

Cost of Health and Care Visa

Visa Fee 
For up to 3 years visa £232 or
For more than 3 years visa £464

NHS Health Surcharge is not required for health and care visa. The applicant, children and partner, all are exempt from health surcharge.

For example, you apply for a health and care skilled worker visa with your partner for three years, you will pay £464 towards visa fees.

General List of Required Documents for UK Health and Care Visa

  • The certificate of sponsorship (Cos) reference number – your employer will give you this
  • Evidence of knowledge of English
  • A valid passport
  • Employment contract containing your job title and annual salary
  • Occupation code of your job
  • Details of employer name and their sponsor licence number issued by the Home Office – CoS will have these details
  • Evidence of savings or maintenance to support you and your family (Bank statements). If employer certify maintenance then bank statements are not required
  • Evidence of relationship (applies only when partner and dependants are also applying)
  • TB Test from authorised medical centres (only required in certain countries)
  • A criminal record certificate – if you’re working in education, healthcare and social care. If you’re 28 or over, you’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve stayed in over the last 10 years.

Qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must:

  • be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional
  • work in an eligible health or social care job
  • work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
  • be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do

List of Professionals Qualified to make an application under Health and Care Visa

UK Health & Care Visa allow foreign professionals to work in the UK as doctors, nurses, Psychologists, Pharmacists, Ophthalmic opticians, Dental practitioners, Medical radiographers, Podiatrists, Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists, Speech and language therapists, Nutritionist, Nurses including Health visitor, Mental health practitioner, Nurse, Practice nurse, Psychiatric nurse, Staff nurse, Student nurse, Midwives, Further education teaching professionals, Secondary education teaching professionals, Primary and nursery education teaching professionals, Social workers, Paramedics, Medical and dental technicians, Massage therapist, Reflexologist, Sports therapist, Nursing auxiliaries and assistants, Auxiliary nurse, Health care assistant (hospital service), Health care support worker. Nursing assistant, Nursing auxiliary, Dental nurses and few other professions.

Different minimum salary requirements applies to all the jobs. It could be minimum salary or going rate or an hourly rate. The jobs in the shortage occupation lists can be paid 80 percent of the minimum salary threshold or going rate whichever is higher.

How long you can stay

Your visa can last for up to 5 years before you need to extend it. You’ll need to apply to extend or update your visa when it expires or if you change jobs or employer.

If you want to stay longer in the UK

You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.

Making an early application can be made?

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.

Application Processing Time

Once you make application, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

Application fees

up to 3 years – £232 per person
more than 3 years – £464 per person

The fee is the same whether you apply from inside or outside the UK.

Reduced Fees for citizens of eligible countries

Your application fee will be automatically reduced by £55 if you’re from one of the following countries. This reduction only applies to your visa application. Your partner and children will still need to pay the full application fee.

Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden or Turkey.

Services we offer

I have been offered a job

If you have been offered a job and you need help with you application process, the requirements and other questions about skilled worker visa then these services are suitable for you. You can book them by following the links

Full Application & Preparation Service: £300

Application Checking Service: £180

Consultations: From £30

I do not have job offer yet

To know if you are likely to be eligible, we can make a full assessment for fixed fees. We refer to this assessment as a Feasibility Report. You can book the services by following the links:

Health & Care Visa UK- Employee Assessment £300

Other ways to Book

You can book service online by following the above links. Alternatively please provide us with your full name, full address, email address and contact number, we will book service-

By phone: UK +44 1782 977 899, +447944132344
By email:
WhatsApp/ Text Message: UK +447944132344

After Booking Service: Next Step

Once we received your booking, we will start working on your immigration straight away. In the first instance, we will call you to know about circumstances to compile the list of documents you need for your application. We will send a detailed email containing the:

  • List of Required Documents
  • Required Information

On receiving above, we will check them and start preparing your application. If there is any information missing or documents are not in the correct format, we will contact you, advice you the alternative documents you can provide. Full support is provided. Once application is complete, we will send you copy of draft application for your approval. On getting your consent to submit the application, application will be submitted. Read more details.

Contact us

Scroll to Top